Evgeniya Buravleva was born in Kirov (Russia) in 1980.
- 2000 – graduated from the Rylov Art School of Vyatka.
- 2008 – graduated from Moscow’s Surikov State Academy Art Institute (class of Pavel Nikonov).
- 2007 – had a study placement at the Berlin University of Arts.
- Since 2009 – a member of Moscow Union of artists.
- Since 2000 – a participant of exhibitions.
- Since 2021 – was included to Russian Investment Art Rating 49ART
- 2023 – nominated for Moscow Art Prize.
- 2023 – prize-winner of Moscow Art Prize
Buravleva’s works are in private collections inside and outside Russia, in the collections of State Russian Museum, Moscow Museum of Modern Art, State historical, architectural, art and landscape museum reserve Tsaritsyno, Russian regional art museums, private collections inside and outside Russia.
Evgeniya Buravleva works with ideas of time and space. Used classic forms of painting Buravleva ranges relations between space, time and person inside. The personage of art- works is the person exhausted by the present, forced to be in conditions of post-truth world, lonely hero at the threshold of decision making. Space and time in art-works are connected with personage and depended on his actions, they are detached not for a while yet, not assimilated and hang in sleep mode.
Idea of light is presented also important for Buravleva. The light dissolves the space and known things, becomes emptiness, white spot. It would be image only what the emptiness hid out. The artist lets have this right to viewer and hero of works.
Video is continuation of work about time. Landscapes are assimilated and appropriated by the artist. The speed of transference of contemporary person often doesn’t let him stop and enjoy by pause. Video saves in itself the fragment of time and space and gives to viewer the possibility to be not here and now.
Buravleva supposes important to impart the moment of absence in present for personage of works. Lucky man «nobody, nowhere and never», the lonely main personage in the emptiness.